By Diane Hwang
OKRA Care Glucose Meter provides you a simple and affordable way of managing your diabetes at home. We’ve put together this guide to help you get started.
What’s in Your Starter Kit?
The OKRA Care Glucose Meter kit contains different resources and devices that can help you get in front of your diagnosis and make testing as easy as possible. The kit contains:
- OKRA Care Glucose Meter: This is the digital device that measures your blood glucose and gives you a near-instant reading.
- Lancets: These are the tiny metal “pinheads” that you use to prick your finger. Each lancet should be used only once and then disposed of safely.
- OKRA Care Test Strips: These are the small strips that you insert into the glucometer and infuse with a drop of blood.
- Lancing Device: This is the device that you use to prick your finger and draw blood. Our lancer offers six different depth settings to accommodate different skin types.
- OKRA Care Control Solution Level 2: This solution is used to check the accuracy of your blood sugar readings. If the control solution gives a reading within the range stated on the bottle, your OKRA Care glucometer is accurate.
- Long-Lasting Battery: As it’s a digital device, you need a battery for using a glucometer. We have provided a long-lasting battery with your meter so you’re ready to use it straight away.
- All-In-One Progress Tracking Log Book: Your logbook is the place where you will record the date and time of each test, together with any factors affecting testing (before or after a meal, before or after medication, before or after exercise). You can look back over your results over time to see how you’re going with managing your diabetes.
- Quick Guide: We’ve explained everything you need to know in order to get started with our summarized quick guide.
- In-Depth User Manual: Find comprehensive information about set-up, settings, error messages, and maintenance with our in-depth user manual.
Setting Up Your Glucometer
Using an OKRA Care glucometer is a straightforward process that only takes a couple of minutes:
- Turn on your OKRA Care glucometer by holding down the power button.
- Use the up and down arrows to set the date, time, testing frequency, and testing alarms.
- Tap on the power button to save.
Setting Up Your Lancing Device
Here is how to set up your Lancing Device:
- Take off cap of the device
- Put the OKRA Care lancet into the device
- Twist off the rounded cap
- Put the cap back on
- Turn the dial from 1-6 to get your setting
- Pull the end of the lancing device until you hear a click
Steps to Performing a Blood Glucose Test
Simply follow these steps to perform your blood glucose test:
- Take a test strip from the bottle and close the lid
- Insert the test strip into the meter
- Make sure the code on the meter matches the code on the bottle
- Wash hands and dry
- Use the lancing device to get a drop of blood
- Lightly touch the blood with the strip in the meter
- Your results will pop up within 5 seconds
- Save and hit power to turn off
- Take used test strip out of the meter
As you’ve seen, using a glucometer is a quick and easy process that’s clean, safe, and fully portable. And with our instructions on how to use a glucometer step by step, you’ll be able to complete your tests at home.