If you are a diabetic, you know how important it is to manage your condition. But old school testing and tracking methods are exactly that – old. Now, you can modernize your blood glucose testing and tracking methods with a state-of-the-art Bluetooth glucometer.
Be sure to buy your device from a reputed company so that you know you're getting the most accurate glucometer available!
Thanks to the conductivity offered by these devices and their mobile app, you will no longer need to manually track your levels. Why? You will have a digital readings logbook. Readings can be synced, from the meter to the app, every time you test.
The benefits of a Bluetooth capable glucose meter are plentiful. Here, we will explore some of those. Additionally, we’ll offer some education and information regarding diabetes itself, effective diabetes management techniques, and more. Finally, we'll introduce you to the best place to purchase your diabetes management supplies. But first things first – what is diabetes?
An Introduction to Diabetes
What exactly is referred to when your doctor says the word "diabetes"? Characterized by elevated blood sugar/blood glucose levels, diabetes is defined as a metabolic, chronic disease that can lead to various health conditions including but not limited to damage to nerves, blood vessels, the kidneys, eyes, and the heart, over time.
Diabetes comes in several types:
- Type II – When the body's essentials are not satisfied by the production of enough insulin, Type II diabetes may be the cause. At the highest risk are adults over 45 years of age.
- Type I – With this type of diabetes, insulin isn't being produced by your body. Those at the highest risk for acquiring this condition include children and adolescents. Daily insulin is an absolute requirement for these individuals.
- Gestational diabetes – This type of diabetes goes away after childbirth due to the fact that it only occurs during pregnancy.
- Prediabetes – One in three Americans is affected by prediabetes. What is prediabetes? While not yet diagnosed as Type II diabetes, blood sugar levels are still above what is considered acceptable.
How Do You Know If You Have Diabetes?
Though you will likely be alerted to diabetes courtesy of your healthcare professional, which will be the result of a confirming blood test, there are a number of signs and symptoms that can point to a problem whose underlying cause is diabetes. Some of these symptoms may include the following:
- Increased urination
- Infections that don't heal as quickly as expected
- Slow healing of sores or cuts
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss (unintended and/or unexpected)
- Feeling tired
- Dry skin
- Tingling in feet or hands
- Blurry vision
- Increased hunger
If you experience these symptoms and believe you may have prediabetes or diabetes, don't hesitate to contact your physician for a blood test and evaluation. It is far better to be safe than sorry, particularly when it comes to something as serious as diabetes.
Can Diabetes Be Cured?
The answer to that question is, "Not exactly." It can go into remission, however (which is not a guaranteed end-all). Though researchers and scientists work hard, every day, to try to find a cure, an official cure for diabetes has proven elusive. Your best bet, if you are a diabetic, is to work with your physician to devise a diabetes management plan that is appropriate for you, specifically. This can and will likely involve the following:
- Blood sugar checks
- Foot checks
- The proper amount of physical activity (exercise)
- The proper diet
- Ongoing checkups involving your eyes, cholesterol, dental checkups, blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, your care/management plan, and more.
Of course, once a plan has been put together, you must adhere to it. Additionally, you may consider wearing a necklace or bracelet that identifies you as a diabetic. If you experience a health/diabetic crisis and are surrounded by people unfamiliar with you (and your condition), this will alert them as to the appropriate measures to take. Even if they're not sure what to do for you specifically, they'll know what to tell an emergency responder.
Glucose Meters – What You Should Know
Earlier, the reliability and reputability of the company from whom you purchase your meter was mentioned. This is of the most importance. Naturally, we recommend OKRA. Contact information will be provided later. For now, let's look at some of the things you need to know about blood glucose meters, a.k.a. glucometers.
You can expect extreme accuracy from most of today's meters, provided you go with the right brand and the right supply company. If you can find a resource that provides not only high-quality devices and accessories but affordability, even better.
Glucometer devices that have been approved by the FDA must adhere to strict requirements regarding accuracy – which is more than a mere number. Depending on the device’s settings and the manufacturer's design, results can vary. So, it's all about the results and range rather than a simple number.
Note: The range of accuracy approved by the FDA is met – within a 12 to 15% range, in fact – by OKRA Care glucose meters. To help you make health management decisions better, the results offered by test strips, devices, and other accessories are dependable and accurate.
Using Two Glucose Meters
You want a glucose testing meter that suits your needs. Naturally, accuracy is of the utmost importance, so do your research. Once you've settled on the meter you prefer, however, try to resist the urge to conduct brand results comparisons. Stick with what you've chosen.
As just stated, there is more than a simple number involved in glucometer accuracy. It's all about range. Between manufacturers, test results can vary slightly. If you’re trying to get a solid grasp on your health, using two different glucometers can seem very confusing. You may not be able to understand your results because you'll be discouraged, frustrated, and bewildered.
Familiarize yourself with one glucometer that you have researched and settled on, and then stick with your decision.
Brand To Brand Accuracy
Between the values in different test results types, there is a natural variance. Playing a big role in this variance is the nature of insulin itself. If each device provides a reading that is slightly different, it can be hard to feel that the reading is accurate. Additionally, this can make it difficult to select a brand.
FDA certification is essential. This better assures an accurate range for your readings. In return, glucose meter accuracy trust and peace of mind will go hand-in-hand. OKRA devices are FDA approved and offer the utmost in accuracy and quality.
The Benefits of a Bluetooth Glucose Meter
As stated earlier, there are numerous benefits to using a high-tech, state-of-the-art Bluetooth blood sugar monitor. Here are some of them:
- Data sharing – You can now share data easily with family members and healthcare providers. Contacts whom you have specified – following your blood glucose tests – can receive notifications via smart phone. An easy-to-read chart can be exported/emailed to view your health data.
- Comprehension – In a better manner, you can now understand your health with the use of a Bluetooth glucose meter. Thanks to multiple options for the viewing of data, you can now get the clearest diabetes management picture possible.
- Convenience – When you use a Bluetooth glucose meter, you will have access to convenient, connected health data. You can – all in one location – track your insulin, glucose, weight, and carbs. You can get testing/medication reminders so that you'll never miss another dose or test. You can view your readings and health data with graphs, logs, and color-coded charts.
If all of this sounds like something that you, as a diabetic, could benefit from – and it is – please allow us to introduce you to the best location at which you can purchase your diabetes management supplies…
Shop For Your Bluetooth Glucometer at OKRA
Do you need a Bluetooth glucometer? How about lancets and test strip refills? We have what you need. We are OKRA.
Bluetooth diabetes meters are the latest and greatest diabetes management technology contribution. With this type of meter, for increased diabetes information comprehension, you can sync up directly with an online glucometer app. Stay safe and healthy while living life to the fullest thanks to this incredible device.
Check out our OKRA Pro Bluetooth Glucose Meter. It's perfect for managing Type II and Type I diabetes – or even prediabetes. In five seconds, you get an instant reading. To make the management of your health even easier, this device provides one-touch ejection. All blood sugar monitors and test kits by OKRA are FDA approved for reliability, accuracy, and quality.
But wait! What good is a blood glucose meter without the necessary accessories? Please allow us to introduce you to our Special Bundle – Pro Starter Kit Plus Refill Kit. Included in this special bundle, you will find the following:
- 25 lancets
- Bluetooth blood glucose meter
- Control solution
- Adjustable lancing device
- 25 test strips
- PLUS, one refill kit consisting of 100 test strips and lancets
Don't miss out! This is a limited time offer.
At OKRA, our main focus is to assist people in managing their diabetes. We do this by offering high-quality, affordable supplies that are convenient and easy to access online. We've been providing hospital grade supplies for 25+ years thanks, in part, to the contributions of our expert research team. With our beautifully designed products, you can now take the stress out of effective diabetes management.
Create an account with us today and start managing your diabetes in a manner that assures the best products at the best prices. If you have questions, you can contact us at 833-977-1339, use our convenient online form to start communication, or email us at support@OKRA.care.